Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

my mind, against my will, has been flooded with a consciousness of sin, both my own and others'. i feel entirely broken. filled with grime. emotionally dead.

no better time than easter to meet Christ in healing. i hope.

i don't know how many of ye fellow alums read those mind & heart emails from our darling president, but this bit struck me: "Easter empowers us to live fully in the moment -- our past crucified, our future won. I hope the vitality of spring and the hope of the risen, conquering son bring you optimism and joy in this month of April."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that part too! It was hopeful.

Jenevieve said...

I know... when Bill writes stuff like that, I remember why he's so cool. It isn't his hipness or his with-it-ness, but his love for Christ and his hope in the future.

Anonymous said...

Bill Robinson... what a gifted man... Sheesh, I don't even know what the president looks like here at UNL... nor do I know his name! Going to school on Good Friday was wretched. My mind was entirely somewhere else... gotta love these impersonal state institutions!! (sob)

Andrew Seely said...

Happy Easter!!!

Will said...

Speaking of Bill, I saw him on the road this morning as I was driving in to work. He was right behind me, and he waved at me. I suspect that it was not because he recognized the back of my head (after all, I would be hard-pressed to definitively identify a person solely from the top of the back of their head seen through multiple panes of glass), but rather because I have a "Whitworth Alumni" license plate frame on the back of the car. Still, it was a nice gesture.