Sunday, April 09, 2006

botanic gardens


My mom and I are unabashed nerds. We read compulsively. Books, newspapers, magazines, historic markers at random places on the freeway, all the information at museums, zoos, etcs. As a result, we know a little bit about a lot of things. My mom especially, as she's been reading for 30 years longer than I have. She knows quite a bit about nature, and can name birds, flowers, trees, and small animals that we see. Even in Hawaii.

We went to the Foster Botanic Gardens even though it was raining. We saw gorgeous flowers as big as my head, chocolate and cinnamon trees, and birds.




Heidi tried to take our picture in front of some palm fronds, but we got distracted by a bird singing. "It's a red-breasted bulbul!" said my mom. "Huh?" I responded. This is how the picture turned out:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you look like an Amazon queen!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the candid shot of you and mom!

Jenevieve said...

Wow, somehow I missed this post! I also love the pictures of you and your mom, and the fact that you guys are such nerds, and, well, I just love you guys!