Thursday, October 19, 2006

sleep fantasies

I think maybe I have mild insomnia. I go to bed at 11:30 and can't fall asleep even though I got up at 5 a.m. and have only been getting about that much sleep every night this week. Thoughts of school, class, students, homework, and papers whirl around in my brain all night. I can barely form sentences and the circles under my eyes are astounding in both their hue and their protuberance. I would love to sleep. Wake up whenever I want, maybe just lie there for a while. Mmm... sounds nice.

At least we got to go on a retreat today. There was the most amazing speaker. I wanted to BE her. Maybe someday...

3 comments:

Matt said...

You can't be her! We need you to be Mariquita! The world wouldn't be the same if you weren't Mariquita!

Jenevieve said...

Mary, I already told them that when you come out, we'll all have to spend time together. Since I talk about you all the time, they are already excited to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary!!!!!!!!! I think we are the same person.