Saturday, September 23, 2006

turning a grr situation into a contented sigh

I discovered today that I have yet to buy a textbook for class. It will cost me $88. Ah well. So I packed up and drove to the college bookstore, only to discover they are closed on Saturdays. Too bad I have to read 100 pages in said textbook before 8 a.m. Monday morning. I drove to a nearby bookstore just in case. They didn't have it.

So, I bought two poetry books instead.

And read Sherman Alexie poems at stoplights.

If you have never read a book at stoplights, you haven't lived.

2 comments:

Andrew Seely said...

If you've never read shakespere while being chased by cops for reading said book while at a stoplight, you've never lived...

Jenevieve said...

I read most of that Billy Collins book I borrowed fom you on the way home that night... Yay!