Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Creative Writing

I never took a creative writing class. I probably would have liked it. As it is, I'm not really good at it. I can write silly things, but nothing good and meaningful. Anyway, I observed the creative writing class, and the teacher made me participate in this activity:

Pick a topic.

Pick an APPROPRIATE topic.

Write a paragraph about your topic using words with only 1 syllable.

You guys should play this game. It's fun. It's also harder than it seems. I'm looking forward to reading them.

Here's my contribution about my house:

Our old, green house is too good for the likes of us. From the street, you see a cool porch and the warm yard - good thing the rose bush lives on in spite of us. Once through the door you can see that no calm, dull souls live here. The two who live in art - who breathe it in and out - have made their marks with prints and paints and the bright orange chair by the green wall. The one who tries to teach small kids (as small as they come) has her glue and paints and books with dogs that run spread out on the floor. And then there is me - my books, my mac, my school stuff piled on the side so we can dance.

7 comments:

Jenevieve said...

I was going to say the same about orange.

Fabulous, though. It sounds just like your wonderful house, full of girls I love and warmth and joy.

Jenevieve said...

"Of all the things I love, not one makes me smile like a good friend’s laugh. If it’s from a shared joke or a fun slip or just joy of good times, my heart lifts with each “ha.” Take my friend Peck. She and I have laughed for more than one cause, and I look on each past laugh with warmth. For this and some more good stuff, I look on her blog each day with hope."

Anonymous said...

I would rate this blog entry among your top 5 best of all time.

Sincerely,

Debbie Gibson

Bianca said...

And so by, "As it is, I'm not very good at it," you meant, "I am extremely poetic and creative and adept at expressing myself"...right?

Mariquita said...

Orange: Totally counts. I mean, seriously, how many of you say OR . . . ANGE?

Debbie, Jeni, and Bee: Wow, thanks! You guys are super.

Mariquita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

here's my contribution to the exercise!

skunks

it's true i live where the grass grows tall and the green on the house looks not a bit like fall. but what you did not say was that you live on top of two (or more) nice beasts. they roam and play when the sun goes down and at times have been known to spray while they trot so close to the ground. it smells not so nice but they are cute and have coats like coal and rice.

i know that wasn't supposed to rhyme...it just came out. i've been writing lyrics way to much. (: it was fun! (sorry i'm bad at punctuation seƱorita peck)