Thursday, May 25, 2006

the night shift

In lieu of writing about the parking tickets (yes, plural. I'm not going to talk about it) I received yesterday, I'm going to write about the Spanish fun I had at work!

I came in last night to the paper and translated a Spanish article for the editors. It was so much fun. It helped that there were only a couple words I didn't know, and that newspaper articles in general aim for a 5th grade reading level. But the editors were nice and funny, AND I got paid double salary! Now I can pay for my tickets!

On a bittersweet note, Jeni has a new blog. It is pretty cool. I like the colors. But it means she and Matt are leaving soon. Gah. Can't talk about that right now either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work on the spanish article! That is really exciting. I think maybe it relates to your dream. Not sure how.

Mariquita said...

well, it was a spanish test. and my spanish host family DID use ketchup a lot, although we never had ketchup sandwiches...