Tuesday, May 23, 2006

calling all psychiatrists

Ok, so I had this dream last night that is kind of funny. Or maybe I just think it's funny. Whatever. I'm in a very very small classroom with maybe ten other people and we're taking a standardized Spanish test. The test booklet is about 40 pages thick. I do page one, and just as I'm turning the page everyone else turns in their tests and leaves. As I finish page two, the teacher (my Spanish teacher from high school) says, "Time's up, Mary! Turn it in!" And I start crying. I still have 38 pages to go! I failed the test! I'm so upset that my teacher gives me three sandwiches to cheer me up. Sourdough bread with ketchup and mayonnaise gushing out between the slices. I try a bite. It's about as gross as it sounds (and looks). I'm still crying. Then I flip through the rest of the test and it turns out that the test was only 2 pages long after all! The following pages are a Scholastic Book order form.

I woke up with a POUNDING HEADACHE.

What does it all mean?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it means...you are a very silly girl!!! This is a such a funny dream. Loves...

Anonymous said...

I think the meaning is obvious. You are deeply emotionally disturbed by the lack of yummy snacks in our home and your body is trying to trick you into making the best of it. Don't listen. I suggest shopping therapy instead. I learned it from my counselor. True story.
ln

Will said...

At least you were not eaten by a four-eyed tyranosaur (literally, four eyes!). That is painful. I know this from experience...sort of.

Andrew Seely said...

I think it relates back to a time in life where everything revolved around being able to pick your interests and hopes from a little catalogue filled with stories of trucks, animals and cheezy historical events.

I think there's something to be said about mail-order things. Maybe all of your life should come from catalogues. Especially those ones you find in the back of seats in airplanes.

Otherwise it probably has something to do with your mother.