Monday, March 27, 2006

aaahhh....

I'm sitting here with Heidi in an internet cafe in Waikiki. [insert sigh of utter contentment here]. We arrived on Friday night and had two and a half days of mostly torrential downpour. Noah-esque. But today, after spending the morning in Pearl Harbor under an umbrella and a fervent prayer to our merciful Lord, the sky cleared. Mom and I met up with Heidi and Brandon at the beach and promptly got sunburnt. Only a little. I went swimming in the ocean. We drank pina coladas under pink umbrellas.

It's been fabulous despite the rain. We went to Heidi's church on Sunday and hung out with some church-folk afterwards. And we've been exploring a lot. Tomorrow's agenda: snorkling with Captain Bob. Yeah. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Meanwhile, here are some awesome beach pictures:



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary! You look happy. :) Tell Captain Bob "hello". And enjoy some pina coladas for us (and have a mudslide if you can find it...at the army hotel if Brandon knows where it is) Sigh. We wish we could be there with you. Have fun sunshine!!

Anonymous said...

YES! i'm so happy that the sun came out for you! may the lord's favor SHINE for the rest of the trip...if you know what i mean. we rearranged the living room today...and cleaned! wish you were here...wait a second that's not right. wish we were there! ahhhh that's better. loves,
kar

Jenevieve said...

That's it. I'm coming over RIGHT NOW.

I emailed Edinburgh and Glasgow and let them know I decided on Edinburgh amd I'm buying our plane tickets right now!!!!

So, maybe I'll wait to join y'all until after I buy these tickets.

Anonymous said...

YAY for pina coladas! Yay for pink umbrellas underwhich to drink said coladas! Yay for sunshine! Yay for seeing good friends! Yay for one layer of clothing! You look so content and BEAUTIFUL (as usual)! Who is this mysterious Captain Bob?
ln

Andrew Seely said...

<------ jealous!!!!

Andrew Seely said...

actually make it:
jealous ------->
(since my pic is on that side)

Anonymous said...

Do not forget to pick up some sea shells for souvenirs! I am sure you are having an absolutely fabulous time! Tell Heidi hello...oh and I miss you!!

Jenevieve said...

I MISS YOU!!! AAAHHHHH!!!!

Andrew Seely said...

you probably REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want to know this but check this out:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6600AP_WST_Waikiki_Sewage.html?source=mypi

Will said...

At least you are not stuck in the 'Kane.