Tuesday, March 21, 2006

imploding

I got home yesterday from my morning job completely frazzled. I don't really remember if I actually greeted my lovely redheaded roommate, or if I just started yelling.

Translated into calm, clear communication, it went something like this: I'm a little overwhelmed by the amount of work on my plate right now. I'm doing the work of two people at the paper until my boss hires a new girl, and I had to deal with an irrational customer. My Masters application is apparently not complete. They said they emailed me the form to fill out, but I never received it. I actually don't believe I have time to fill it out. I also need to schedule two meetings, fill out my expense sheet for the month, do my timesheets, talk to hot boss about my vacation, find more subs for said vacation, and schedule my work for tomorrow and perhaps wednesday. I realize wednesday is my afternoon off, but it looks like I need to work. Again. Yes, that will mean I will not have had a wednesday afternoon to recoup for three weeks. I found out I need to get health insurance pronto because my school will not provide it until september, even though I will be a student starting in june. I am also supposed to be leading bible study tonight. I have not had the time to do any of thse things. I do not have time to do any of these things. Especially not in the next three days. I might feel better if I would stop waking up before 6 am consistently.

[all of this was yelled and much less coherent]

I need to plan what to do with my 12 year old today. Perhaps we will buy china at value village and throw it off an overpass to hear it smash. Or we'll buy baseball bats at the dollar store and smash people's cars. Smashing... that would be gratifying. Or maybe we'll go to the Chocolate Apothecary... [insert sensation of calm and joy]. Wow. I feel better just thinking about it.

The gourmet triple chocolate drink helped my mood tremendously, and I've been plugging away at my to do list. At the moment I'm feeling ok. I did have a stressed out crying fit this morning, though. And I'm considering blowing off work tomorrow afternoon. A girl can only do so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary darling, you will conquer all! And then you will be rewarded with a week in paradise.

Miranda said...

Not that it helps on any kind of practical level, but I love you Mary.

Jenevieve said...

I'm with Miranda.

And if you need to smash a car, we've got really good insurance!

Anonymous said...

You think I'm lovely? Sweet!