Saturday, March 11, 2006

pensating in pink

First of all, sorry for being a hobo-blogger. I've been sorting through some blogger-identity issues. And sorry to Matt for changing my picture. I'm not sorry enough to change it back, though. I kind of like it. It suits my mood for now.

I worked with the funniest 9 yr old boy today. He told nonsensical knock knock jokes for about 45 minutes, and played with my toy cars for the other 45 minutes. He also took an awesome picture of the sky with my cell phone and put it on the wallpaper. Overall, a delightful shift.

It was a slightly traumatic week. I said goodbye to one of my clients, which hit me way harder than I expected it too. Turns out, I'm pretty emotionally invested in my kids. I haven't decided if that's good or unhealthy. I also haven't decided whether or not I can help the amount of passion I pour into my work. If I am a fairly passionate person in general, can I control it or not? Anyway, a mere smattering of things that have been going on in my head.

On a brighter note, life here has been more than merely Gloom and Wrenching Passion. Here are some examples of what Ellyn and I do in our free time:



7 comments:

Mariquita said...

Marrakesh? MMMM...

Andrew Seely said...

knock knock...

who's there?

mr I'm completely bored and have nothing better to do...

mr I'm completely bored and have nothing better to do...who?

you know mr slugworth

Jenevieve said...

haha... since I commented from your computer, it looks like you left the first comment on your own post! Oh, the embarrassment!

Anyway, you and ellyn look lovely. I like you guys. Hmm, I should say I like you girls since you are all in pink.

wow, longest captcha ever: yqpdhxqj

Miranda said...

My beautiful Mary, I wish I could have seen more of you last week. I hope this week is less emotionally strifeful . . . or some word like that.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, I want some of what you're drinking...what is it?

Anonymous said...

Mary,

I was great to hang out with you this weekend! Oh, and we will have to make plans to go to Marrakesh. On the bright side you can use the money to see Switchfoot in concert at GU!

Anonymous said...

Are we hot or what?! ln