Wednesday, July 05, 2006

How did this happen?

I have become the student that I dread to have in class.

In technology class today, my group met in the back of the classroom. We were supposed to write a list of questions about poppers. Instead, we played with them and giggled. We shot them at each other, made jokes about teacher glares, and somehow a "kick me" sign ended up on someone's back. I missed all the directions entirely.

Yes, we're adults between the ages of 22 and 28.

I can't decide if this happened because we're immature, understimulated, or overstimulated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who wouldn't rather play with cool and slightly dangerous toys than listen to directions? I think it's yet further proof that you are quality human. ln

Jenevieve said...

I think it shows your superior intelligence and creativity. Studies have shown that these qualities are strongly correllated to the inability to follow directions.


p.s. Do you find it hard to type on your Macbook Pro? I keep missing letters.

p.p.s. Which studies, you may ask? I say "if you have to ask, you'll never know."

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jeni--definite case of understimulation. I find my students are most creative when they have extra time (translation: I think the slingshot, silly putty, and probably even napalm were invented by children who finished assignments early). Luckily I know you'll use your powers for good, and not for evil. :)

Becky

Will said...

Oh, use your powers for evil! By all means! Please do! Embrace the dark side! Mwa hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you are undestimulated creative beings.