Monday, July 10, 2006

O for Directional Competence!

So, Ellyn and I drove home from a friend’s house last night at about 9:30. It was still twilight, and we could see the almost-full moon setting over the hill. Now, this friend lives near us. It’s easy to get to and from his house. There are no complicated twists, turns, or tricky bits.

We definitely got lost.

Somehow we ended up on a deserted, poorly lit, dirt road going down toward the river. Luckily for us, it twisted around and we ended up driving on a more familiar road. In the wrong direction, yes, but at least we knew where we were. This is a pretty normal situation for me. I am completely and utterly lost when it comes to directions. I need explicit directions (turn right on this street, left on this street after this landmark), and lots of practice before I can find my way anywhere. I am not a stupid person; I just can’t seem to go a week without getting lost. Even if I’m just trying to get home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...should I be worried? Do you know how to get to Lynnwood? he he he