Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday Already

Well, after a blissful and entirely unproductive weekend from an academic standpoint, I find myself at 10:55 a.m. still in my pajamas not working.

We had a triple-digited-temperature weekend, which really isn't so bad as long as you don't have to be outside a lot. AND if your housemate takes you up to her lake cabin on Saturday morning, and you can lay out in the sunshine and jump in a lake every 20 minutes or so. It was lovely. We came home and the Redhead and I cleaned the house for our Shakespeare Festivities. We did Taming of the Shrew this time, which was not-quite-as-fun as Lear, but still a kick. The lot of us aspiring thesbians then went out to watch Say Anything outside a local coffeeshop. I watched it in jr. high or early high school. I appreciated it much more now.

I spent a substantial portion of yesterday at church, falling in love with Lily. Lily prays. I mean capital P Prays. Stuff like, "Dear Jesus, thank you for this day and for saving us. Thank you for loving us too. Help us learn about you and love you good. In Jesus' name. Amen." None of the other kids volunteer to pray. Lily is 4 years old. Doesn't get much better than that. We went to lunch with the speaker, who's a church planter currently in Madrid. He tried to talk us all into moving to Madrid. I'm thinking about it. I never thought I would move back to Spain, but he's got me thinking. That may have to be another post.

The afternoon, evening, and wee hours were then spent up at a river floating, swimming, climbing, and star-gazing. The river was lazy. I was lazy. The stars were as bright as I've ever seen, and sometimes they decided to run across the sky. It was exquisite.

Today I have to research and prepare the Big Project for summer term. It's due tomorrow. Haven't started. And it's now 11:07. Still in my pajamas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary, I'm shocked and rather proud of you still being in your pajamas at 11! :) Good work.

Andrew Seely said...

Say Anything...oh how I adore that movie!!!