Monday, December 19, 2005

Mice and Men

Current score
Noble Princesses - Rodent Army
1 - 0
Someone asked me yesterday how the mice score points. I told him that they get a point every time they catch one of us in a girl-trap. He kind of laughed, but it was more of a yeah-you're-not-as-funny-as-you-wish-you-were courtesy laugh and not so much a Mary-is-so-clever genuine laugh. So if anyone has a better response, let me know.
Meantime, we've only caught one. I know there are more. They are not taking the bait. I don't know how else to trap them. We're thinking about borrowing a cat. Or letting Matt and Jeni's snakes loose in our basement for a few days. Each has considerable logistical problems associated with it. Hmm... back to the drawing board.

2 comments:

Mariquita said...

Hi Jamie! Tell Becky sorry about the unintentional elitism of my blog - I'll try to fix it right away.

Jenevieve said...

you can only let the snakes loose if you make your house 20 degrees warmer.