Friday, May 04, 2007

disconnected thoughts

I have one more week of student teaching left. I just started to really enjoy it like a month ago, and am not looking forward to taking more classes myself. I'm going to miss my kids. And teaching itself. And being around 150+ people every day. And being constantly stimulated.

The body's still sick, but the mind is fine.

I like spring a lot. Even the rainy days have been ok - the rain feels healthy and full instead of icy and menacing.

I've been reading "The Man in the Brown Suit" by Agatha Christie before bed. It's so funny. I'm drawn into the mystery of it, while laughing at the archaic portrayal of the young female protagonist. It's somewhat ahead of its time, but she's a little too swoony and silly for my taste. But it's sensational, with Elizabeth Peter's style rakish heroes, an exotic setting (what is now known as Zimbabwe), kidnappings, and master criminals.

Mystery Man Gush of the Day: He made the sick girl soup for dinner, and was patient with her germ-induced crankiness and falling asleep at 7:00 p.m.

No comments: