Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Actually Going Crazy

When I'm stressed out, sometimes I can't really tell until Things start to happen.

Like losing my checkbook.

Then losing my wallet.

Then trying to put my contacts in this morning, only to discover the case was empty. I distinctly remember rinsing off the contacts last night - where did I put them? It took a few minutes, but I found them curled up dead in the corner of the sink. I rinsed them off thoroughly and dropped them both in the sink, recapping my contact case and putting it away empty.

I have since found my checkbook and wallet.

On a funny side, I yelled at 4th period today. It's a good idea to pretend to get mad before I actually feel angry. Then I can still speak sensibly and firmly without a) crying or b) losing my temper and hitting someone. Afterspeaking stern words for a couple minutes, I ended up saying something like this: "And if I hear one more snide remark or unkind comment about a classmate, I'll start writing down names and call home. If I have to, I will call each and every one of your parents tonight." That was a bluff. I didn't have time to call anyone. But they were the Best, Quietest, and Hardest Working I have seen them all year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself suffering from a similar malady. Today I lost my coat and just forgot to go to the group I LEAD. Oops. Maybe you're not going crazy. Maybe teaching somehow blocks the brain's ability to keep track of important functional items and responsibilities. Just a thought...

Jenevieve said...

You, my dear, are hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Happy travels. I'm going to miss you!

Jenevieve said...

Our postman buzzed us at 7:30 this morning. Matt stumbled out to the door, let him in, and deposited a mysterious package on my lap.


Yay!!!


A.J. and Rachelle are eyeballing the Triscuits, though, so I think we'll have to wait to open them until they leave.

I love you, and your mom.

Miranda said...

Yay for surprise packages! I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise since you said you'd send it, but I was surprised nonetheless, and I listened to both cds last night :) I love Mary!

Anonymous said...

that's so funny! i saw the shriveled contacts like twice in the sink and i didn't know what to do so i left them there hoping you would notice. good thing i didn't throw them away. phew!