Saturday, March 24, 2007

more thicker than forget

In planning my poetry unit, I find myself running accross one big problem: planning progresses at a snail's pace because I enjoy reading the poetry so much. I lose track of time just reading and reading and reading.

Good poetry delights me. Here's the gem of the day:

love is more thicker than forget
e. e. cummings

love is more thicker than forget
more thinner than recall
more seldom than a wave is wet
more frequent than to fail

it is most mad and moonly
and less it shall unbe
than all the sea which only
is deeper than the sea

love is less always than to win
less never than alive
less bigger than the least begin
less littler than forgive

it is most sane and sunly
and more it cannot die
than all the sky which only
is higher than the sky

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like this one. i need to fix a few more things on your blog that are bugging me. hmmmm.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenevieve said...

Oooh, dancing....

I really, really like that poem. I used to have it taped to the dashboard of my car.

Jenevieve said...

Also, your boyfriend is cute.

Mariquita said...

Kar - you do whatever you want. I love it so far!

Anonymous said...

This one is great. I wish I was smart enough to understand it all. I'm moved regardless and I pine regardless.