Thursday, February 09, 2006

taxes, temptations, and I can't think of another 't' word

So, I tried really hard to do my taxes yesterday. Really hard. I was doing pretty well (with the help of a tax-hero friend), until I called my mom and found out that my grants/scholarships/tuition trust reimbursement makes my taxes abominably complicated. Oh well. I tried.

My roommate also coerced me into getting a myspace. Here's what happened: the sister of my favorite redheaded roomie is on myspace. I got a myspace to be her friend. The myspace was created on Monday night. I now have internet friends and a new way to procrastinate at work. And home. Fabulous. What am I doing?! This is the downward spiral of internet addiction! Soon I will get fired for not working and only blogging, and then I will end up with bloodshot eyes, a pale complexion, and a chair-flattened butt. The horror!

On a completely new note, my boss wandered in yesterday and told me and Shanea (the other girl who works in the archives) to go to Starbucks for a while. So we did. Then he came in this morning and told us to take more breaks. What?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breaks are a good thing. Apparently you're working too hard and your boss would rather have you spend more time on the internet taking "breaks". ;)

Anonymous said...

"Soon I will get fired for not working and only blogging, and then I will end up with bloodshot eyes, a pale complexion, and a chair-flattened butt. The horror!"


And where, praytell, did you get that description?

Miranda said...

let me help you out. get on facebook too. it's proven to be an enormous waste of time, plus most of the time I'm on it, it's not even to communicate with other people. I just read about their lives. plus it's mostly connection to random people I was never that close to, with a few obvious exceptions, and I keep in touch with those people over the phone or e-mail anyway. It is, however, the primary means of communication between my sister and me, and all I know about her boyfriend is what's on his facebook profile. what a sad testament of our times.