Friday, February 17, 2006

Inner Dialogue

Dear Mind,

This is body. I've been trying to get your attention lately, and you have ignored me. I'm tired. And hungry. I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm also fighting off the Virus-O-Doom that so inflicts dear Ellyn. I have a few simple suggestions for you that will make our cohabitation run a little more smoothly.
First of all, you need to allow me to dictate what you consume more than you do. I realize that you are a control freak, but I know what I'm doing. Coffee does not count as breakfast. When I tell you we need more than 40 calories in the morning, I mean it. When I ask you for fruit, don't give me a poptart. When I ask for protein, McDonalds chicken nuggets will just make me feel bad. And when I feel bad, you feel bad. Ok, enough about diet.
My next point addresses sleeping. You need to let me sleep. Eight hours. Please.
I really appreciate that you've been taking care of me in my struggle against the bird flu, or whatever it is I'm fighting off. I love the extra fruit and vitamins and water. That's great. Keep up the good work! In fact, you should consider treating me this well all the time. We would be happier.
And now, exercise. Holy crap, I am turning into a sack of mush. I know you don't like this either. So, dear Mind, set me free from these oppressive chains of inactivity and take us to the gym!
Overall, you are an ok mind to live with, but if you seriously consider these humble suggestions, I think we could vastly improve our lifestyle and mood. And we would fight less. That's all for now.

Love,
Body

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, BODY?

Anonymous said...

Can you have your body talk to my mind too? Mine's too weak to speak up at the moment. ln