Tuesday, October 30, 2007

High School Excitement

Today, I had a student come into class on time for once. I noticed him
a) because he was on time, and
b) because he was holding his face in his hands.

Something was wrong. As I walked over, his friends let him to the sink and I heard the chatter of students gleefully explaining what happened. Turns out, my sophomore student (Yes! He'll be driving soon!) pepper-sprayed himself in the face.

Himself.

In the face.

For $10.

He tried to refuse when I sent him to the nurse. He got pretty belligerent actually, but I persuaded him eventually ("Well, you can go yourself, or I can have someone come up and take you down."). The office called too, and asked if I needed the Sheriff and Deputy to come to my room (??). Luckily the "incident" did not happen in my room, and there was no weapon present.

The paramedics took him to the hospital.

My class was bananas for the rest of the period. This class is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S! This class is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Important lessons learned: Pepper Spray counts as a weapon and is NOT allowed at school. Pepper Spray hurts really bad. More than $10 worth bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. that's amazing.

Bianca said...

um, ridiculous.