Friday, June 02, 2006

One Slighty Scandalous Story, Two Bits of News, and One Weekend Plan

Today's awkward moment: It was really warm this morning, so I wore my aforementioned floofy black skirt. As I was leaving work, I put my Weekend section of the paper, my notebook, and jacket in my left arm, and my coffee mug and purse in my right. It was still warm out, but there was a blustery wind. The second I left the building, the downtown wind definitely sent my skirt flying up around my waist, scandalous-style. My first reaction was to drop everything I was holding and scrunch down, clutching my skirt around me. My second reaction was to praise the Lord Jesus I wore sensible, full-coverage undies today. I went inside, repositioned everything in my left arm, and walked the four blocks (long blocks) to my car, desperately holding my skirt with my right hand, blushing furiously, and making absolutely no eye contact with anyone whatsoever. I am still slightly embarrassed, as I try my darndest to keep my Gulgy Butt well-hidden.

Miscellaneous news: I passed my Spanish test. I didn't do great, but I passed. Yay! No more tests! At least for now.

Funny conversations: My small client was talking today about boyfriends. I told her she had to be 18 before she got one. She asked me if I would rather have a boyfriend or a husband. I told her a husband, and she said, "Humph! Well I want a boyfriend and you do too. And if you don't like your boyfriend, THEN you get a husband. Why aren't you getting a husband?"

Enough of that. It's time for me to go admire my ridiculously talented roommate's portfolio downtown! Hurray for ridiculously talented roommates (of which I have many)!

3 comments:

Jenevieve said...

Hahaha! I think you did the right thing about the skirt. If that had been me (with my general trend in undergarments) it would have probably spelled disaster.

Yay, you passed your spanish test! Muy excelente!

Anonymous said...

Dos much info.

Anonymous said...

mary i love you. I pictured the scene prefectly in my head and laughed out loud. teehee! ps. thanks for thinking i'm so talented (; i think the same of you, so get a husband already!