Friday, January 20, 2006

On How my Missing Paycheck Paid Off

My paycheck was missing this morning. This is worrisome. I like my paychecks. Our Avista bill is due soon, not to mention rent. So my boss sent me Upstairs to speak with the Powers that Be.

As I was explaining my predicament to ms. bewildered secretary, the Handsomest Man I have seen in a Long Time, casually walked by and said, "Uh oh - I hate it when they steal your paycheck."

Swoon.

Then I got to share the elevator with Handsome Man. Swoon again. I don't really remember much, but I know there was Talking involved. Probably shameless flirting that my embarrassed mind has since blocked out.

Now to figure out who this guy is...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In what age category would you place Handsomest Man? Maybe (since you work in photo archives) you should look at EVERY picture in the archives until you find him ;)

Mariquita said...

Handsomest Man is an estimated Highly Eligible late 20s sort of guy. EVERY picture is in the millions... that will take a while.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. H. Man,
I'll bet he's a regular at the espresso stand on the top floor. You could tell your boss you need to take a smoke break and then, you know, casually peruse the building.

Jenevieve said...

Ooooh... que scandalosa! I want to see the Handsomest Man of whom you speak!

p.s. Matt says, "I don't even remember seeing her on Friday."