Thursday, January 19, 2006

Adventure

Reading poetic and very nearly unbelievable emails from Catherine in Egypt; blogs from friends traveling through Turkey, Israel, and Egypt; my roommate going to Europe for a 10-day jaunt with her dad, and even dear Lizzie in Nebraska having Adventures with Attractive Baristas has made me wistful. To say the least. Longing desperately for adventure is perhaps more accurate. I am tired of the archive computers, the rain, and this blasted headache. BAH. So there.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to write this silly article. I have a draft (probably awful... I haven't had the heart to edit it yet today), and to help with my opening sentence, I decided to look over the fist sentences of all the stories printed today. Here is my inspiration:

"A cornucopia of contemporary art is on view..."

"Paul Smith has an offbeat way of looking at nature."

"Musicians are a close-knit group, and musical friendships produce some exciting musical results."

That's pretty much it. Maybe I don't need to worry as much as I am.

3 comments:

Jenevieve said...

Hahaha... You will surely win a Pulitzer for this, baby!

Anonymous said...

You can write circles around those openers

Anonymous said...

Mary. I will buy you lunch if you use the word "cornucopia" in your article.