Thursday, January 26, 2006

and fury wells up within me

last night, i was home alone, getting ready to go to group. i went potty then sat on my bed to put shoes on, when i heard something moving on the roof right overhead. between my head and the SKYLIGHT OVER THE FREAKING BATHROOM WHERE WE PEE AND GET NAKED. i sat very still and listened. someone (it was a person) took three steps, sat down, slid off the roof (he was wearing a hoodie with a zipper), landed lightly on the deck and walked calmly away.

it was not a cat, crow, frisbee, or imagined sprite. it was most definitely a person. i freaked out a little, grabbed my purse and fled to my car. my group leader made me call the police. they checked it out, found nothing. we taped paper over the skylight. three of our Brave and Wonderful guy friends (well, one is a boyfriend of a roommate) came over to make their presence known and calm us. four if you count mr. opted out who stood in the doorway awkwardly for 5 minutes to make sure we were ok, then left.

i feel Vulnerable, Helpless, Violated, and Angry. FILLED WITH RAGE, even. And I have no idea what to do now. I am positively itching to ACT, but can't think of anything productive to do. Ideas?

4 comments:

Jenevieve said...

Oh, that sucks!!! Want me to come over and give y'all Shenaynay to borrow?

Seriously, though, you guys can stay over here or borrow a man anytime you want. That's gross and sucky.

Andrew Seely said...

Well for the itching part, I recommend some cortisone 10, that usually helps me if I have a bad itch.

As for the acting thing, I hear there is some decent community theatre up there in spokane, I would start with a small walk on role and then maybe as you get your feet wet and get reconized then you can move up to the leads.

And as far as the productive part, all I have to say is: Underwater Basket Weaving. Nothing else makes me feel like I've had a productive day after spending some quality time in the water with some reeds.

But maybe you need to get a video camera and set it up and see if you can get a visual on this guy then go to the bobbies (that's English for Cops).

Hope things get better. And use Matt, he's burly!!!

Andrew Seely said...

oh and thanks for the linkage!!!
i'm famous!

Anonymous said...

You need to set up some kind of trap. Check out the outside of the house and see how this sicko person was getting on your roof. Make sure there's no way you can see to get up there. Then you should put boards with nails sticking pointy side out around the skylight. And you should probably build a moat around the house.