Sunday, November 16, 2008

Daylight Savings and Drunkards

I've been feeling pretty blue since Daylight Savings brought eternal darkness to my world. The silver lining includes seeing the sunrise when I drive to work, and, on good days, the sunset as I'm driving home. The bad part is that I'm inside for each and every hour of light. I think it makes me a little depressed. Last week got so bad that I stopped doing things that I know will make me feel better (exercise! vitamins! vegetables! googly eyeing!). This week I'm hoping to turn things around. I'm seriously looking at HappyLights, and I'm scheduling in gym time (which also means I'm leaving work before 6 pm). The St. John's Wort tea I bought today apparently makes my birth control less effective, so... anyone want it?

On a completely separate topic, David and I got some fun People-Watching in last night at one of his colleague's birthday bash. We went to the Casbah, a new bar downtown. I don't usually do the bar scene, so it was highly entertaining for me. I've avoided most interaction with drunk people, preferring people as they are, and this gave me a nice jolt of reminder that being drunk is the antonym of being glamorous. We had fun - we danced and were silly and talked to people and avoided the unwanted attentions of drunk men.

And David's band is playing there next month. Wahoo!

1 comment:

Jenevieve said...

Man, I miss you two. Today, I was cuddling on the couch with the wee sicko, and the pic of you and Jazzy from your Master's graduation came up on my screen. Hosea sat bolt upright and started giggle his little sick head off. He loves you.

So do we. :)