Monday, November 10, 2008

Catching up: Marriage

Being married is way fun. I am feeling particularly gushy this evening because David spent the last 30 hours or so spoiling me like crazy. I had a 4 day weekend (so I can praise the Lord with Becky), so David told me not to make plans between Sunday afternoon and Monday evening.

We started out at the Melting Pot eating the most delightful fondue. Bread chunks dipped in boston lager and melty cheddar cheese, anyone? Then amazing Simmer-Your-Own-Cajun-Rubbed-Meat, followed by a little piece of every dessert to be dipped in a chocolate peanut butter fondue. How can you top that?

By taking me to a romantic hotel so we can share a bottle of wine and make googly eyes at each other.

By letting me wander around Aunties and Pier 1 and eating at Clinkerdaggers with me. Then coming home and reading on the couch next to each other.

Sigh of contentment.

We have some difficult moments (usually me being insecure about __________ and freaking out. David then feels like he's done something wrong, and I feel guilty about feeling insecure. It's silly, and it really sucks in the midst of it, but lucky for me I married a good communicator.)

Mostly it's just blissful, and I am filled with all sorts of smooshy feelings in my insides that make me grin really big and trip over things.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Man, next time you guys come to Scotland David needs to take me out for the weekend.

Jenevieve said...

Matt, I seriously clicked on 'comment' to write the exact same thing. It's like we're... married... or something.

Glad marriage is going well!

Miranda said...

mmmm...fondue. the only time I've been to the melting pot I spilled my water on Claire's grandma. Maybe I'd have better luck if a fella ever took me out.