Saturday, November 01, 2008

Catching up: School

School seems like the easiest thing to write about.

Usually I feel like The Mary Show does a reasonably good job at a) Keeping Children Awake, and b) Learning Them Up. Then, when I least suspect it, a kid falls asleep in class.



Luckily for my ego, a kind suck up or two will exclaim, "How could anyone fall asleep in this class? It's my favorite." This particular soul didn't wake up until well into the following period. That's right. I let him sleep. I figured being embarrassed and late to his next class might keep him from doing it again. It beats getting mad, anyway.

Sixth period is still my Doom and Destruction. You may see me in the news as the teacher who threw six students out the window in one period. And the rest of the class applauded her.

David and I went to the Drama Club's Improv Night this week. Some of those kids are stinking funny. There were some dumb moments, but mostly it was a kick.

The quarter ended yesterday (= grades due soon). I'm currently deciding which assignments to grade and which to just slap a sticker on and hand back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like that you let him sleep and took a picture of him. I'm pretty sure all the kids in that class learned a lesson about what is tolerated in Mrs. S's class!

Jenevieve said...

You are an awesome teacher.

And you must have been working out to throw 6 kids out the window!

Also, I love you.

Hey! My captcha is "comer"! I think I WILL, thank you!

Ln said...

Let's play, now that I'm in town again! We could get you ready for throwing 8 kids out the window by working out together. Or, we could just eat candy and watch the Pink P&P. Your call...

Miranda said...

I had a teacher who had three sizes of stamps and she would stamp our assignments and hand them back then when grades were due we had to add up the points for each size stamp and tell her the total and that was our grade, which means we were really being graded on our ability to not lose lots of paper.