Wednesday, July 02, 2008

As demanded...

We are married, honeymooned, and mostly moved in! (if anyone knows how to insert joyous and celebratory music for a blog entry, let me know). This post will have to be brief, as it is after 1 pm and I haven't left the house yet. I do promise honeymoon pictures and more introspection later.

Best wedding day memories:
All of my dearest friends generously getting things done without being asked.
Feeling like a princess.

Best ceremony memory:

During the ring exchange, we both teared up and I stopped shaking and realized it was real and done and beautiful.

Best reception memory:
Getting a sneaky note from Caroline Fowler that said I looked beautiful and still very much like myself.

Best Davenport memory:
Waking up and eating room-service breakfast in bed with my husband. (Sorry if you were looking for a more titillating memory. This is a G-rated blog).

Best Honeymoon memories:

Doing nothing except hanging out with my best friend.
Salsa dancing in a cuban bar.
Hearing David giggling like I've never heard him giggle before when we swam with dolphins.
Fine dining on the beach (like, this-table-is-in-the-sand-on-the-beach, not what-a-lovely-view-of-the-beach) at sunset.
Zip-line jungle tour.

And check out these PHOTOS!

3 comments:

Miranda said...

those photos are amazing. You look absolutely beautiful (not that it takes an amazing photographer to make you look beautiful, that's pretty much just how you are). I sooooo wish I could have been there.

Jenevieve said...

I know, Miranda! I mean, everyone looks good on their wedding day; that's kind of the point of the dress, hair, flowers, etc. But Mary, you looked... transcendent. Amazing. Classic. All of that kind of good stuff. :)

Thanks for the phone call the other day! You make me happy.

Ln said...

Thanks for giving in to my demands. I LOVE your wedding pictures!