Friday, July 11, 2008

Las Vegas, anyone?

Rather suddenly, I realize that I am going to Las Vegas next week. I've never been, and truthfully never cared much about going. However, I find myself in need of very specific teacher training to keep some peace at the place of work. My options at this point were limited. Las Vegas has the cheapest airfare.

I haven't traveled much by myself in the US. I went to France and Portugal for trips my myself no problem. I speak the language, and somehow Las Vegas seems scarier. Much scarier.

And I'll be away from my charming, funny, and handsome husband for three days. Pout.

I hope I can get over being scared. I want to go out and see things and have fun outside of my hotel room. Hopefully I will. I'll let you know.

In the meantime, anybody want to join me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the training something I could convince my district they should pay for? Or just try to win back the fees at the slots?

Mariquita said...

Becky - it's a Blaine Ray TPRS training. It should be AMAZING. TPRS is a methodology that I (almost) fully buy into for teaching a language. What I used last year worked fabulously. :)

You should ask your district.

Jenevieve said...

Yes!!!! Man, I wish I could go.

Christina said...

Oh you know I'd be there in a second if I could!!!!