Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring Break?

Today marks the full official day of Spring Break, and all the freedoms, sleep, and sweatpants that ensue. I say official because technically I took a sick day yesterday (a legitimate sick day filled with Sinus Wonder). I have dreamed of this week, oh, since mid-January. The crocuses magically reminding the other flowers that it is spring, the temperature rising enough to wear a feminine flowered skirt, the books on my shelf becoming friends with me again.

Imagine, then, my consternation when I glance out the kitchen window to see this:



And run to the back to make sure.



And run to the front to double check.




And scrape the five inches of snow off my car, so I can go have breakfast with David.

It's almost April, weather. Stop being a jerk.

*note: sorry about the sideways pictures. If I knew how to right it, I would.

3 comments:

Jenevieve said...

Haha, Edinburgh's having the same weather issues. When I was in the hospital, I watched the huge fat flakes falling outside and thought, "seriously? Almost April. Buck up, weather, or there'll be hell to pay."

Christina said...

Even Seattle wants to get on the last minute crappy winter weather, and actually had snow DOWNTOWN on friday.....sheesh....

Anonymous said...

yeah, what the hell, global warming?!