Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Horoscope

Karli read this out loud from the paper today as a joke:

Pisces: Musician Sarah McLachlan told the crowd at one of her concerts: "I feel great about singing really depressing songs." In the U2 song "A Man and a Woman," Bono sings, "The only pain is to feel nothing at all." They are your role models in the coming week, Pisces. I hope they inspire you to feel grateful for your capacity to experience such intense emotions. You're lucky to be so sensitive! You're blessed to have so much vital force! So please celebrate your talent for feeling melancholy and overwhelmed. Congratulate yourself for being such a connoisseur of guilt, confusion, and anxiety. You're more alive than other people. You've got a soul as big and wild and deep as the Amazon River.

Oh, I'm grateful.

And more alive than all of you suckers!

No, actually, I've been downright cheerful all week. Oh well. Maybe I'm dead like everyone else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this horoscope was divine. (;

Christina said...

Wow, that is hilarious! And ironic. :)