Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Letter of Explanation

Dear Mr. Principal,

Thank you for expressing your concern regarding my mental and emotional health. I assure you I have never felt such a burden lifted as I do today. Please allow me to explain the somewhat mysterious circumstances surrounding my recent arrest, as I am sure you must be curious.

As you know, fourth period English class is quite a challenge. Twenty-three seventeen year old male students should be reconsidered as a general educational principle. Especially when those students a)chronically fail English (and all) classes, and b) are put in a class with a young, female student teacher. They tested the boundaries of my patience, my normally extensive patience, and I thought carefully through my options. After much deliberation, I decided in a lucid and rational state of mind, to impose certain consequences for their misbehavior. The consequence for a first infraction would be a calm verbal warning. A second offense would result in being forcibly thrown out the second story window.

This strategy worked delightfully. Once the offending students were removed, in a manner most thoroughly therapeutic for the student teacher, the classroom became an apex of hard working diligence, respect, and obedience. Granted, the class size has been reduced to the four female students and six remaining male students, but I believe that is sound educational practice anyway.

I will pay for the window.

Sincerely,

Miss Student Teacher

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Jenevieve said...

I hope you didn't strain your shoulders.