Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day!

It was snowing when I left for work yesterday morning at 7:10. It is still snowing today at 10 a.m. It has not stopped - apparently we have a new record! 17" in 24 hours! We even beat last January's dumpdown.

I left work at 3:00 sharp. I walked in the doors of my house at 6:27. Traffic was the worst mess I have ever seen. When I heard on the radio that my hill was closed I almost cried. It had taken me an hour (maybe more) to go west of the only open street to the south hill. I would have to backtrack to the street so I could have a chance at driving up a steep, snowy street. It wasn't worth it (and I was running out of gas). I parked my car on the side of the road and walked home. It took me 20 minutes. I was zooming past the cars waiting through 4 light changes to make it through the intersections. Suckers.

Pictures to follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you...just abandon that car! who needs it anyway? i wish we were closer and could have a snow day together and watch office reruns or silly movies.

Anonymous said...

What did you do with your snow day? I slept and read and quilted and am about to make cookies!