Saturday, August 02, 2008

Summer News

Vegas was fun. The teacher conference made me laugh like crazy and gave me some great ideas for incorporating silly stories in my classes. I love silly stories. It made me happy to see a style of teaching that I feel uses my gifts. The hotel was ridiculously far from the Dazzly Part of town, but I caught a ride one afternoon and just walked around for hours and hours. I had fun, spent very little, ate yummy food, and ended up with gelato in St. Mark's Square:
photo taken by an old man who was laughing at my attempt to take a picture of me

Otherwise I have been assiduously avoiding thank you notes and all paperwork (ie name changing).

We've been spending quite a bit of time with David's family. The out-of-town relatives have mostly gone home, and we get to focus on the immediate family.


And we made a serious purchase, and have been working hard on it.

1 comment:

Sickboy said...

Beware the wii. Japan might on the surface appear to have forgiven us for vaporizing two cities full of non-combatants, but rest uneasy knowing they have not.

Technology has finally caught up to us. Wii proliferation does not bode well for western civilization. It will start with youtube videos, broken plasma screen tv's, and mild cases of carpal tunnel syndrome.

Soon we will be swallowing our own tongues and drinking motor oil. Don't say you weren't warned.

Good luck stranger.