Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Big News



David and I are engaged.

On Friday night he took me to a little park overlooking the city, dropped on one kneee and asked me to marry him. I, of course, burst into tears and said yes. Then, after an appropriate interval, went to a pub to listen to Scots sing traditional songs and joke around. (Which was amazing. These were songs that everyone had heard from their grandmothers and sang along. There was even one about Jacobites).


The sparkley

The center diamond is my great-grandmother's, the rest are from David. It is beautiful and princessy and sparkley.

11 comments:

Aaron Kangas said...

Yay! Mary and David! David and Mary!

Christina said...

Congratulations!!!!!! You guys are so cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! So excited for you!!

And that is one gorgeous ring!

Matt said...

Wait, when did that happen?

Andrew Seely said...

hiphiphoray
(big smiles)

Cathy said...

Congratulations, Mary!!!

So happy for you both. You really are the cutest couple in the world... (well, besides all the other cutest couples in the world at New Community...)

Can't wait to tell the kids!

Anonymous said...

AAAH!!!

Congratulations!!!

And I almost missed this post because I didn't scroll down far enough! The horror!

Miranda said...

Ditto Bianca's non scrolling horror! Congratulations Mary. That's so exciting :)

Anonymous said...

Mary! Congratulations to you both! Heidi just told me & I figured I had to hunt you down & wish you my best wishes! =) How exciting!!! Anyway, it's crazy because you've seriously been on my mind lately & just a few weeks ago I was thinking....."Geeze, Mary's probably going to be engaged soon!" Best of luck to you both!!!
God Bless,
Jaymie

Anonymous said...

Wooo HOO! The Ring, I mean how romantic is that!? (the whole part about the diamond being from your grandma's ring) Oh man, he's good.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you both.

Many, many blessings to you both.