Thursday, August 30, 2007

I don't know. Are YOU ready for school?

The YAY list:

- My classroom is set up.
- My coworkers are amazing.
- I don't have to ask permission from the department head to make copies on colored paper.
- I have windows.
- There is a SmartBoard in my classroom.

The HMM-I-WONDER-HOW-THIS-WILL-TURN-OUT list:

- I have 35 students (mostly freshmen) in my 6th period class.
- I don't have a computer yet.
- There are some wires hanging from the ceiling still (it's a new building).
- I daily battle a nauseating panic.
- I fake it and smile real big a lot.

4 comments:

D 3 said...

If you have to vomit, can I be the one who holds your hair back? :o)

Jenevieve said...

d3, Matt can attest to the fact that that particular job is much less glamorous than it would seem. One gets in awfully close proximity to said vomit...

Jenevieve said...

Oh, and can we see pics of the room? And what's a Smartboard?

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you on First-Day-of-School Eve! It will be awesome, and a blur at the same time. :) I think the trick is to be confident (even if it's false confidence and you actually think you should run out of the room and quit or that you're going to throw up --both of which I thought on my first day) and let them know it's your way or the highway. Then you can loosen up and be a normal person later.

I repeat, it will be awesome! It's great to actually get in the room with the kids and do what you've been trained to do without someone else watching all the time. Really. :)